The soul moves into an astral body (or “etheric double”), which moves free of the physical body in a parallel world known as the astral plane. Astral Travel in the astral body is spoken about in many mystical texts and has more recently been studied by scientists investigating reports of people who have had a near death experience.
Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of any form of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an “astral body” separate from the physical body and capable of traveling outside it. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane.
The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness’ or soul’s journey or “ascent” is described in such terms as “an…out-of body experience, wherein the spiritual traveler leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dream body or astral body) into ‘higher’ realms.” It is therefore associated with near death experiences and is also frequently reported as spontaneously experienced in association with sleep and dreams, illness, surgical operations, drug
experiences, sleep paralysis and forms of meditation.
It is also sometimes attempted for its own sake, or may be believed to be necessary to, or the result of, some forms of spiritual practice. It may involve “travel to higher realms” called astral planes but is commonly used to describe any sensation of being “out of the body” in the everyday world, even seeing one’s body from outside or above. It may be reported in the form of an apparitional experience, a supposed encounter with a doppelganger, some living person also seen somewhere else at the same time.
Through the 1960s and 70s, surveys reported percentages ranging from 8% to as many as 50% (in certain groups) of respondents who state they had such an experience. The subjective nature of the experience permits explanations that do not rely on the existence of an “astral” body and plane. There is little beyond anecdotal evidence to support the idea that people can actually “leave the body”.
Projection is merely a very high lucid dream that feels like you have left your body (this is the explanation favored by classical science). Reports of near death experiences do seem to challenge this view point but it is assumed that information must be being gathered in other more conventional ways. Detailed descriptions of the operating room and procedures by the resuscitated are explained by other senses, such as hearing sounds and forming a mental picture of operating procedure etc.
2. You aren’t
really separating from your body, but your consciousness is, your mind makes sense of this by giving you the sensations of being a spirit freed from the body (an explanation favored by some unconventional scientists and parapsychologists). Your freed consciousness can surf dimensions that science hints at in its as yet unproved theories about our universe, this state can be used to gain information that would seem to many to be only explained by paranormal powers
3. You really
do have a another vessel (spirit) that contains your consciousness and this vessel is able with the correct focus to be able to roam planes of existence. These planes are what many cultures would regard as the afterlife, as an astral projector you will only be able to navigate a few planes that exist near our earthly plane of existence. The highest plane is the source, the Atomic plane, oneness, the light… god.
Astral Travel Techniques
Astral projection is an experience during which a person leaves the physical body and travels in an astral body. The astral body is an ethereal counterpart to one’s physical being. Unencumbered by gravity, the astral body can travel great distances and spans of time.
The astral body is linked to the physical body by a cord, which keeps the astral body from losing its physical counterpart. There are accepted astral travel techniques that guide the ethereal traveler on journeys beyond the material world.
- Astral projection is an out-of-body experience. Some people are natural astral travelers, but others are fearful and never experience astral travel. Safely connected to the astral body by a silver
cord, one’s physical being is conscious of any astral experiences.Often, one who is astral projecting will cover herself in a blanket, since the physical body can get cold. Astral travelers must be relaxed. Astral projection is also called remote viewing or lucid dreaming. An astral
traveler seeks spiritual insight into self and life.
- Astral projection techniques include the Rope Technique. Seasoned astral travelers caution that your body energy affects projection, time spent out-of-body and the frequency you may attain. With every technique, you must maintain balanced chakras and achieve total relaxation through meditation.
- The Rope Technique requires no visualization. You must only know that a rope or ribbon hangs from the ceiling above you. Hang a rope or ribbon above you within reach. Get used to the rope.Lying or reclining beneath the rope, reach out and make contact with it with both hands. Do so often. While you will not astral project with the tangible rope, it gives you the sense of the rope’s astral counterpart. You will climb the astral rope.Once you have a sense of the rope, spend a few minutes doing a deep relaxation exercise. According to 5 Star, allow your astral hands to grasp the astral rope and pull your astral body up. Hand-over-hand, climb the rope. Imagine–do not visualize–the thickness and strength of the rope in your hands as you climb. The rope and you are in complete darkness, You know the rope is there. If you try to visualize, it expends valuable energy needed for astral projection.As you begin to feel dizzy, know that this sensation is caused by your astral body releasing. It is crucial for you to become aware of how your pulling action causes your dizziness. Pay attention so you can increase awareness of the process. After performing the Rope Technique a few times, you will be able to create the mental action that causes the astral body to loosen.Maintain your concentration on climbing the rope. Ignore every other sensation. As you climb the rope, you will feel heaviness leading to a trance. Next your chakras will open and energy will begin to flow. Vibration and a feeling of being paralyzed will follow. You are not paralyzed.Every sensation is the pressure you are applying to your astral body. Focus on climbing the rope. Nothing else matters to distract you from your goal.
There is nothing to fear.
Finally, you will be free from your physical body, only connected by the umbilical cord. You are free and can travel at will. You may return at any time to your physical body.
- Astral projection is completely safe. It is similar to dream states, but you are more involved with the experience during astral travel. Some people are fearful that they
will not be able to find their physical bodies.
- The return journey is a simpler experience than loosening your astral body. Recall that you are not really separated from your physical body. The silver umbilical cord connects you. During astral projection, you have a split awareness. You are aware of your astral and your physical bodies. You will return even if you do not wish to do so.